This week, my fiancé and I decided to start ‘sweating for the wedding’. I struggle with consistency – I’ll spend all of my energy focusing on eating healthy and working out for a couple of weeks but then fall off the hypothetical wagon for a couple of more weeks resulting in a vicious cycle. In order to try and hold myself accountable I thought it would be fun to have a weekly post talking about what skinny recipes I plan on making that week and my exercise goals. Feel free to comment what your tips and tricks are for holding yourself accountable or any of your own (easy) tried and true skinny recipes.
On the menu this week (I alternate breakfasts and lunchs/dinners) –
- Overnight crockpot steel cut oats // recipe here // I used two small mason jars, subbed the water for all unsweetened vanilla almond milk and cooked it on low for 8 hours instead of 10. I also didn’t add any almond butter when they were done just maple syrup, cinnamon and sliced almonds. Looks kinda gross but tastes SOOOO good.
- Egg muffins // I don’t have an actual recipe for these just six whole eggs + six egg whites + whatever veggies, meat, cheese, etc. that you want // These are a staple because they’re so easy to make and can easily be taken with us since we’re always on the go. I made mine with scallions, turkey and cheddar cheese. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees and viola!
- Skinnytaste Korean BBQ chicken breast with cauliflower fried rice// recipe here and here // I’m borderline OBSESSED with Skinnytaste. Not only does she have the best tasting and easiest to follow recipes but she’s also from Long Island!!! I actually saw her in my local Trader Joes once and totally fan-girled, A (my fiancé) was so embarrassed LOL. She is definitely #cookinggoals.
- Skinnytaste quinoa enchilada bake with avocado // recipe here // meatless option! I subbed her homemade enchilada sauce for a cup of enchilada sauce from Trader Joes. Fun fact, I was a vegetarian for about 2 years so yummy vegetarian options hold a special place in my heart.
- Skinnytaste barbacoa // recipe here // This was a special request by A because that boy loooooves him some Chipotle. I’m adapting mine for the slow cooker by cooking it on low for 8 hours. I’m serving it up with either cilantro-lime brown rice and some corn salsa or in corn tortillas (because #tacos).
- Grilled chicken tacos // No recipe for this one because it’s about one of the only things I just know how to make // Sliced chicken breast + taco seasoning + corn tortillas + red cabbage + sliced avocado + spicy crema (sounds fancy but just hot sauce mixed with sour cream) = sexual seduction.
As far as weekly goals go, I have the following three:
- Workout 3x this week – I know that’s like not impressive and probably a little embarrassing but ya gotta start somewhere.
- Morning bootycall (Holla TIU girls) – 20 minutes of SOMETHING in the morning to get your metabolism moving. I plan on taking Pepper girl for a walk with my coffee before work.
- Book wedding photographer/videographer. Not fitness/food related but I NEED to get our engagement pictures done ASAP so that I have them ready for when we have to send out the save the dates.
Hope you girls find this useful!! I look forward to sharing my weekly plans with you and hopefully hearing about yours as well!! Xxx – Jess